TRAIN IN YOUR
HOME OR PLACE OF BUSINESS
YOU ROCK FITNESS, WEXFORD, PA
PERSONAL TRAINING PROGRAM
I. TOTAL BODY PHYSIOLOGICAL
Panther Physical Therapy,
Jay Lemeke, Director, PT, ATC, OCS.
- Joint Flexibility
- Lower limb
NUTRITIONAL ANALYSIS & REQUIREMENTS with MENU RECOMMENDATIONS
I. TOTAL BODY PHYSIOLOGICAL
Red Dietitians, LLC, Ruth M. Singer, RD, LDN
III. CARDIO-RESPIRATORY (CR) and CARDIOVASCULAR (CV) TESTING
"Our bodies process three things: food, liquid and oxygen. And while we might enjoy
the food and liquid more, it's the oxygen that actually provides the FUEL that runs our body."
Conducted by Roger.
- Working heart rate
- 2-minute recovery heart rate using heart monitor (provided)
- Blood Pressure
- Recognition/Reaction Time
- Movement Prep Exercise
- Oxygen capacity
Oxygen, through a process called oxidation, chemically changes food and liquid into energy. It's the
oxygen fire (fuel) that contracts our muscles. Pam Grout JumpStart Your Metabolism
The body's four oxygen delivery components:
CR: Lungs - Diaphragm
CV: Heart - Arteries
Oxygen is the essential element. We can only live minutes without it. You can't exercise without it.
- NOTE: The majority of people only take
in half of their potential capacity during exercise.
- FACT: You will only burn as much fat as you supply oxygen for its combustion.
- MUSCLE FATIGUE: Your working muscles telling you they are not receiving enough oxygen.
- POWER: Tempo(quick-movement) with a strength component. Your oxygen (fuel) intake will determine energy output(tempo).
Your muscles (horsepower) will determine Force Production.
IV. BODY COMPOSITION ASSESSMENT by Roger (optional)
- Body Fat & Muscle Analysis
(Includes retest as necessary for comparison and
During our sessions,
your energy and thoughts (100%) will be focused and channeled into maximizing
your fitness goals.
My fitness philosophy, based
on a common sense approach, is derived from my experiences in the following
- The understanding of my own
personal health and fitness lifestyle.
- My military background in
training soldiers for 20 years, with the last 23 years
training civilians to be all they can be (Client ages 10 through 70).
- Continuous research and studies
in the ever-changing health and fitness indusgtry.
- Observing Pro-Coaches and Trainers
- Presenting Seminars in Health
My continued health & vitality throughout my 7th decade & beyond.
My style is FIRM, but FRIENDLY.
I will be DEMANDING,
YOU will be GUIDED, EDUCATED AND MOTIVATED.
YOU will be
CHALLENGED within your CAPABILITIES
ALL SESSIONS start
with a Warm Up and Initial Stretch.
The warm up will elevate your heart
rate, which will increase blood (oxygen) flow to your muscles, preparing them
for physical activity.
Your body temperature will increase (the burning of
calories), making your muscles and tendons (which attach your muscles to your
bones) more elastic. This increase in temperature will also decrease the
viscosity of your joint's synovial fluid, allowing your joints and muscles a
greater Range of Motion (ROM), leading to a safe, yet progressive, exercise session.
This sends a message
to your body that
YOU ARE GOING TO CARE FOR IT!
ALL SESSIONS WILL END
WITH A STATIC STRETCH
Time depends on your state of flexibility.
Our initial goal is to bring all of your muscles back to their resting length
(exercise will shorten and tighten your muscles). This is also the time where we
will work on increasing your flexibility.
The Basic Tenet of Health
- Designed to increase the STRENGTH of
your HEART in delivering oxygen to your muscles.
Go to Heart Link
- Movement will be controlled, balanced
and at a continuous pace while maintaining a challenging, working heart
- Cardiovascular equipment provided
(including heart monitors which are worn by all
Indoor/Outdoor Cardio Options
- Walking, Hiking, Jogging, Running,
Stairclimbing, Step Aerobics, Spinning, Bicycling, Rollerblading, Grass Drills
and Track Intervals.
Ms. Patti, a former
non-runner, nearing the completion of her ten-mile run.
- Goal is to increase the ability
of your muscles to perform while in oxygen debt.
- Can be accomplished using
training levels five or six.
- NOTE: In order to improve, we have to go past our PSYCHOLOGICAL
& PHYSICAL Comfort Zone.
- Training to breathe with greater effectiveness
will maximize athletic performance and enhance
- Increase the strength of the diaphragm and the
extensibility of the intercostal muscles.
- Static balance: improves ability
to maintain and command your body's center of gravity over your base of
- Dynamic balance: dominates
control of your body while moving.
Range of Movement
- The increase of a joint's
range of motion (ROM) with emphasis given to improving the strength throughout
the extra ROM.
Should only be undertaken with professional guidance.
- MUSCULAR APPEARANCE
muscle firmness, shape and aesthetics.
Ms. Nancy is
sculpting her bicep muscles with arm curls.
- MUSCULAR ENDURANCE
muscle's ability to maintain energy production through resistance and
- MUSCULAR MASS
Increases muscle size
- MUSCULAR POWER
explosiveness (rate of movement).
In running, it is the amount of work
performed per unit of time.
Increases the maximum amount of force that can be
generated by a particular muscle group for one all-out effort.
Builds a strong foundation
Ms. Nancy is lifting 1-1/2 times her
weight. In this exercise, we are working to increase her overall
- POWER (Neural Adaptation)
- FLEXIBILITY &
- FUNCTIONAL STRENGTH in your SPORT OF
- Drive for greater distance in your
Improve your upper body power (chest, shoulder, rotators and
abs) and increase your flexibility (hips, rotators and back). This will lead
to greater hip and shoulder rotation, creating a smoother, more powerful swing
(club head speed), resulting in greater distance.
- NOTE: The condition and strength of an
athlete's back is directly
- proportionate to the condition and
strength of the abdominals.
- Run faster.
We will work to upgrade
your stride length and rate by increasing the power and flexibility in your
executing a plyometric exercise to
increase the power in her
- Developing a sound base,
regardless of your fitness level, is an absolute
- No matter how simple the
movement, or how light the weight, proper form and sequence technique must
ALWAYS be followed.
SYSTEMATIC CHALLENGE OF
PROGRESSIVE RESISTANCE (SCPR) PRINCIPLE
- The body systems require a
stimulating challenge, based on your limitations, in order to
||Ms. Patti is
systematically building muscle |
- Tailors the training routine to
best accomplish the training objective.
- The training regimen for building
muscle strength is different than muscle shaping.
||At home, Mr.
Russell is pressing 405 lbs. to increase his already impressive upper body
Determined by your
Fitness Tolerance - Respiratory Ability
LEVEL ONE - BEGINNER -LOW INTENSITY
(5 to 45 minutes)
- Training time is determined by
your level of fitness, up to 69% of your Maximum Heart Rate
- Beginners have to give their body
time to make the physiological adjustments that will help protect the heart
- SLOW, steady, continuous
- Breathing is full, even and
||Ms. Lillian is training
within her fitness capabilities in the privacy of her
LEVEL TWO - MID INTENSITY
(30 to 120
- 70% to 85% of MHR (Ideal Fat
- BRISK, steady, continuous
- Breathing is full, METHODICAL,
even and without force.
LEVEL THREE - HIGH INTENSITY TRAINING
(20 + minutes)
- 86% Plus of MHR
- DEMANDING, steady, continuous
- Breathing is full, QUICK, even
- NOTE : When you are able to
perform at this level, you will have a clear
- understanding of how a fit body
feels and what it needs to succeed.
LEVEL FOUR - CIRCUIT TRAINING
- Multiple exercises done in
succession at your fitness level.
- Can be done with or without
equipment, calisthenics, or a combination of both.
- This routine can be handicapped
for two or more, adding a competitive aspect and excitement factor.
NOTE: This usually produces
noticeable results in endurance after four to six sessions.
LEVEL FIVE - INTERVAL TRAINING
- High-end aerobic or anaerobic
(91% + MHR)
- Intense output with brief
recovery periods in between.
- Can be used to heighten progress
to the next level or to get past a sticking point.
LEVEL SIX (PRO LEVEL) - CIRTERVAL TRAINING
- My unique concept was designed to
enhance cardiorespiratory endurance, muscular endurance and anaerobic
- NOTE: Need a sound level
of fitness. You will experience your physical limit. Produces Excellent
Free weights, machines,
cables or passive resistance can be utilized.
BASIC SET SYSTEM
- Single exercises, done in
multiple sets and repetitions.
Ms. Connie is
following the basic set system by doing cable curls at POWERHOUSE
SUPER SET SYSTEM
- Two exercises, done in
alternating sets, with no rest in-between. You will use two anatomically
antagonistic (brother/sister) muscle groups of the same joint. An example
would be bicep curls (front arm muscle) to tricep extensions (back arm
Advantages: By challenging
brother/sister muscle groups, the working muscle’s blood supply is confined to
a smaller area. This will rejuvenate the antagonistic (non-working) muscle,
which facilitates recovery.
- Greater flexibility will also be
achieved by exercising both sides of a joint’s muscle in
- This system will also induce
(reason - no rest in-between
SUPER MULTIPLE SET
- Two exercises done in the same
(brother, brother, sister, sister) with rest in-between.
- A good system for increasing
strength (reason - the rest in-between sets).
- This system is similar to the
super set system. The difference is in using two muscle groups far removed
from each other. For example, the deltoids (shoulder) to the hamstrings (back
of the upper thigh).
- This system is good for
increasing strength, muscular endurance, and to some extent, aerobic fitness.
It will also increase caloric expenditure over the other systems.
NOTE:You will learn to
BREATHE,CONCENTRATE and VISUALIZE your working muscles while remaining
- PERSONAL TRAINING
TOTAL PRICE DETERMINED BY:
- Time per session
- Number of
- Clients per session
- Travel and
& Ms. Graciela|
are training together to achieve
- Written Physician's Clearance
- Medical History and Family
- Date of last Physical with
- Medication, Herbs and
- Work Habits/Stress
- Sleep Habits
- Resting Heart Rate (3 consecutive
"At the end of
our initial agreement, YOU WILL HAVE the Knowledge and Understanding of how
"YOUR BODY" works and what YOU need to live a Fitness Lifestyle."
Health & Happiness!